Car Accident Injuries
Car Accidents can be the cause of a numerous amount of different injuries, to any part of the body. Depending on the circumstances of the crash and the severity of the impact, Car Accidents can cause far-reaching injuries or even death. Most victims of car accidents sustain impact injuries from slamming into a part of the vehicle. There are injuries that can occur from minor car accidents that may take a few weeks to become apparent. Here is a list of some of the most common car accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: Many injuries that are caused to the head can be very traumatic and life threatening. Head injuries can range from a mild concussion to a severe injury that impairs critical functions to speech concentration, vision, memory and emotional control.
- Neck Injuries: Whiplash is a very common injury suffered in a Car Accident. The impact of the crash causes the neck to stretch and snap back into place. Neck injuries can occur in a more mild form such as a neck strain, but more serious injuries can also occur.
- Back Injuries: The impact of a car accident can cause some different types of back injuries. Some of the common back injuries to occur are sprains, strains, fractures, disc problems, upper and lower back injuries to the spine. Back injuries can cause long lasting pain and discomfort.
- Chest Pain: The impact of the crash can cause the ribs and sternum to break, especially if the driver or passenger was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the collision. It is common to see fractures and injuries to the organs from the crushing impact of the Car Accident.
- Knee and Leg Injuries: The majority of knee and leg injuries are caused by the car being crushed into the victims during an accident. This can result in contusions, fractures or tearing.
It is vital for to seek medical attention if you or a loved one has been a victim of a Car Accident. Arrowhead Clinic specializes in treating Car Accident injury victims in Atlanta, Georgia. Our expert team of Chiropractors and Medical Doctors will provide you with a full evaluation before coming up with a team approach to assist with your recovery.
Click on the link below for a Free Consultation with one of our expert Chiropractors!