As we talked about in yesterday's post, back pain is an issue that affects millions of Americans every year. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for a doctor's visit in the US and is one of the main reasons why people miss work!
Today, we are going to look at 5 Natural Ways to Reduce Your Back Pain symptoms so you can be better at work and at home.
- Have a Reputable Chiropractor - this is an easy one for us because we know the benefits of having a Chiropractor on your health care team so your body is moving optimally. This is the ultimate preventative measure against potential back problems. Make sure you know where to go for the Top Chiropractor in your Area by clicking here
- Be on the Edge of Your Seat - no this is not an emotional moment, it has to do with proper lumbar spinal loading. When you sit at the edge of your seat with your feet planted firmly into the ground, you are able to maintain a proper lumbar curve to reduce disc wear.
- Lift with your Posterior Chain - The strongest muscles in your body, called your posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes and spinal erectors) are linked together to help deliver a tremendous amount of lifting force while protecting your spine against injury.
- More Water - drinking half of your body weight in fluid ounces of water enhances the height of your intervertebral disks, which are your spinal shock absorbers. Since your body is composed mostly of water, staying hydrated will keep you fluid and reduce stiffness, especially if you sit at work.
- Make Sure Your Posture is On Point -If you spend most of your day sitting, pay close attention to sucking your belly in toward your spine and rotating your pelvis slightly up. At the same time, keep your head back and your shoulder blades pinched.
If you are already suffering from chronic back pain, you should understand that there are many safe and effective alternatives to deal with back pain naturally. If you need further assistance with your Back Pain, click the link below.