Looking for a Whiplash Injury Chiropractor Near Me?
There are over 342,534 car accidents each year in the state of Georgia. Some are minor and others more severe, but many of these accidents lead to Whiplash and Neck Injuries.
Many Whiplash injuries from car accidents occur at speeds as low as five to 10 mph. The severity of the injury often depends on whether you are properly restrained.
Neck pain ordinarily occurs when your car is rear-ended during an Auto Accident because of the violent changes within the structures of the neck.
The sudden backward jerk (extension) and forward movement (flexion) of a car accident causes the joints of the neck to be injured and can also cause the ligaments and muscles of the neck and upper back to be overstretched and go into spasm.
The neck is extremely vulnerable to this type of trauma because of its ability to move in multiple directions. If you have been in a rear-end auto accident, you may need a professional chiropractor to examine the severity of the damage.
Our Savannah, GA, Chiropractic Clinic is designed specifically for people
- Involved in Car Accidents
- Currently Experiencing Whiplash Symptoms
- Suffering from Neck Pain, and Back Pain
To schedule your free consultation with a skilled Savannah, GA, Injury chiropractor click the button below to get started.
Common Whiplash Symptoms
Symptoms of can vary widely based on the person involved in the car accident, but the most common effects we see at our Savannah, GA, Chiropractic Clinic are:
- Tightness and Spasm in the Neck and Upper Back
- Localized Pain in the Neck itself
- Upper Back Pain
- Burning and Tingling Sensations in the Neck and going down the arms into the fingers
- Dizziness, Headaches, and Migraines
- Shoulder Pain
- TMJ and Jaw Pain
To see how we can help treat you, check out our article Can Your Savannah Chiropractor Help With Whiplash?
How to Evaluate Whiplash Damage on Your Body
Our Savannah, GA, Chiropractor will assess whether your Injury warrants hospitalization, and will accurately test which tissues and spinal structures have been injured.
The exam will evaluate the spinal joints' mobility and pain response and typically includes:
- Motion Palpation and Compression testing
- X-rays and their review
- Reflex Testing
- Cranial Nerve Examination
- Motor skill tests
Recovering from Whiplash Injuries
With the proper medical care, many mild whiplash injuries typically heal within six to nine months. Unfortunately, more than 20% of those who suffer these injuries continue to suffer in pain, discomfort, weakness or restricted movement two years after their accident.
In most cases, the majority of these people will suffer from some level of disability or pain for years into the future, if not for the rest of their lives.
Treating whiplash takes the skills of an experienced, specially-trained health care professional who is equipped to address these types of car accident injuries.
Studies show the most effective treatment is a combination of chiropractic care, rehabilitation of the soft tissues and following close instruction of an injury chiropractors orders.
Long-term conditions that may occur if your whiplash injuries are left untreated:
- Loss of the Normal Cervical (neck) Curve
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Upper Back Pain
- Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Neck Stiffness
- Mid-Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Temporal Mandibular Degeneration
- Visual Disturbances
How We Treat Whiplash Injuries at Our Savannah, GA, Chiropractic Office
- Teaching Proper Posture: the most powerful concept is an appropriate alignment of your spine and back. By keeping your head, neck, upper body and lower back aligned during movement and at rest, relieves stress on the neck.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: this is necessary to realign bones of the spine and restore structural integrity to the ligaments, muscle, and joints.
- Muscle Relaxation and Electrical Stimulation: which entails gentle finger pressure on specific sensory trigger points and electrical based stimulation to help with pain and improve muscle function.
- Therapeutic Neck Stretches and Exercises: to improve muscle strength and range of motion our chiropractor will show you exercises and stretches to practice at home to improve your chances of a quick recovery.
Valuing Your Car Accident Settlement After a Whiplash Injury
The unexpected and sudden force of an automotive collision causes muscles, tendons, and ligaments in the neck to become powerfully contracted.
Severe neck sprains and strains can result in a "soft tissue injury," that is sometimes called "hyperflexion" or "hyperextension" also known as "whiplash."
These types of injuries are very common in car accidents both severe and minor, but they are also problematic from an injury claim perspective.
That's because these soft tissue type injuries typically do not show up on:
- Other diagnostic tests
If you fail to get your injuries properly treated by an experienced injury chiropractor you may lose the maximum compensation possible in the outcome of your settlement.
At Arrowhead Chiropractic Clinics, we provide the proper documentation necessary to prove your injuries and the medical treatment necessary for a full and optimal recovery.
An insurance adjuster isn't going to just take you at your word when you say that you are injured, and then cut you a large settlement. All of your losses and injuries need to be documented as much as possible.
Providing medical records and bills that prove the extent of your injuries will also assist your personal injury attorney with established proof and credibility in your accident case.
Two of the most important considerations that are made when determining the value of your settlement are:
- The medical treatment you received
- The severity of your injuries
The value of your settlement will be weighed heavily on these two factors. After a car accident obtaining the proper medical care from an Accident Injury, Rehabilitative Clinic is essential to a fast recovery and favorable settlement amount.
We Welcome You
Chiropractic care helps to relieve the symptoms and pain you are experiencing now and creates the proper spinal structure to ensure optimal recovery and health in the future.
The Chiropractor at our Savannah, GA location has treated thousands of patients, helping them out of pain after a Car Accident. Let us help you heal from your Whiplash Injury and Neck Pain.
Give us a call today at 800-961-7246 or Schedule a Free Consultation with our whiplash injury chiropractor by clicking the link below.