If you've been suffering from chronic back pain, and have been looking for a back pain specialist near you, Arrowhead Clinic Savannah Back Pain Chiropractors can provide you with comprehensive Spinal Wellness and Natural Care Solutions for those affected by following Back Pain Conditions:
- Back Pain
- Bulging Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Pain
- Muscle Spasms
- Neck Pain
- Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
- Pinched Nerves
- Joint Pain
In this article, we share Common Risk Factors For Low Back Pain in Savannah.
Our Back Pain Chiropractors locate and remove misalignments of the spine and relieve muscle tension and spasm around an injured vertebral body, this allows for proper transfer of nerve information between the body and brain restoring function to the nervous system.
By removing the mechanical interference many of our Savannah Back Pain patient's experience drastic improvements and are able to avoid surgery completely!
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain Injuries in Savannah
According to The Association of Chiropractic Colleges, "Chiropractic is a health care discipline which emphasizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery. The practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health."
What Are Common Causes of these Back Pain Conditions?
You have been in an Auto Accident or had a Slip and Fall Injury
Rapid Force traumas cause spinal misalignments that distort your bodies natural structure and irritate your nerves, bones, ligaments and discs causing extreme Back Pain or Muscle Tension.
Any accident, no matter how minor, can create nerve-damaging misalignments instantaneously or progressively over time if nothing is done. Our Savannah Back Pain Doctors provide a complete spinal examination and diagnostic testing to ensure that your spine is free of misalignments and then provide natural therapy treatment options to eliminate pain from accidents permanently.
Sports Injury or Work Injury
Repetitive stress or overuse at work or in a sport may cause spinal nerves to be impeded. This will negatively affect your bodies range of motion, strength, reflexes, endurance, and, ultimately, its ability to perform normal tasks. It could even lead you to having to see a physical therapist, or seeking out physical therapy when it may not be necessary. The Back Pain Physicians at our Savannah Treatment Center can help your body restore normal function and help get you back to work and play.
You Have Back Pain because of Negative Postural Holding Patterns
Holding postures and positions for a certain amount of time will change your spinal structure and cause certain muscles to shorten and tighten while others become extremely weak.
This consistent ligament loaded stress will eventually lead to a remodeling of your spine and contribute to Chronic Back Pain, disability and depression if not treated soon enough.
You don't need to live with constant Back Pain and Soreness we can help you get to the root of the problem, and restore your body to the healthy system it needs to be. Finding a doctor to help with that, like our Savannah Back Pain Specialists. They can provide the non-surgical method to heal your body and restore your health.
How Do Our Savannah Back Pain Doctors Get You Out Of Pain?
Various demands are placed on your spine every single day by gravity alone. The spine supports your head, shoulders, and upper body. It gives you structure to stand up straight, and yet provides the suppleness to bend and twist, all while guarding your spinal cord.
Each vertebra in your spine joins or articulates with other joints around it, this forms a moveable joint. Cartilage lines the joints and forms the disc to act as a shock absorber for your spine.
Cartilage has no direct blood supply, so its nutrients have to be absorbed and toxins expelled through a process called “imbibition.” If a spinal joint is misaligned and not moving properly, the cartilage and your spinal discs go through a long process of decay and degeneration.
We use our 5 treatment therapies as the reset button on your body at our Savannah Back Pain Clinic:
- Chiropractic Adjustments or Manipulations. Manual adjustments by a doctor of chiropractic provides back pain relief by taking pressure off sensitive neurological tissue, increasing joint range of motion, restoring blood flow, reducing muscle tension, and creates a series of chemical reactions in your body that act as natural painkillers. When coupling this treatment with adequate hydration and mineral absorption, the body will begin the healing process quickly.
- Pelvic Stabilization Drills. When leg-length deficiency, flat feet and/or subtalar instability are present, our Savannah Back Pain Doctors may prescribe a small heel lift in your shoe for the short leg side to create stability at the pelvis and correct your walking gait. If we change the pattern of your natural walking motion to be more anatomically sound, your body reacts positively by eliminating its tension holding patterns and your Back Pain will reduce dramatically.
- Traction and Decompression. A traction massage will include you the patient lying face up as a system of rollers move strategically about the back, all the while stretching and massaging the muscles that are causing your Back Pain. The Back Pain Doctor may use other traction devices that assist in stretching the spine and decompress the discs, which helps to remove pressure that has built up on sensitive nerve roots. These therapies are perfect for those with Herniated Discs, Bulging Discs, Degenerative Disc Disease, Sciatica and more.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation Therapy. Another treatment option that many of our patients rave about, especially those with severe Muscle Spasms and Cramping is electrical muscle stimulation. This Back Pain therapy placed electrodes directly on the skin that send light electrical impulses to different areas of the body with the purpose of minimizing localized inflammation in the muscle or joint, settle muscle spasms down and relieve symptoms.
- Ergonomics Training. During the course of your treatment with us, the spine specialist may recommend some modifications to your workstation or change the position of how you are sleeping at night that might be inhibiting the healing process.
With so many tools at our disposal and the right staff that cares and respects each patient, we have the opportunity to take care of your Back Pain today!
Contact our local Savannah Back Pain Chiropractors today by calling 800-961-7246 or click the link below for your Free Consultation.
Meet our Doctor
Dr. Rachel Banks
Doctor of Chiropractics
Dr. Rachel Banks graduated from Jackson State University receiving her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology/Pre-medicine in 1990. She then moved on to attend Life University when she was called to the healing aspects of Chiropractic care, she graduated in 1997 with a doctorate in chiropractic. She’s also a proud member of the Georgia Chiropractic Association.
Dr. Banks joined the Arrowhead family in 2009 becoming the floater doctor in the Atlanta/Savannah/ Brunswick offices. Her belief and dedication to the field of chiropractic has made her an intricate part of Arrowhead Clinics. In 2016, she was asked to make a permanent move to Savannah taking over the Mall Clinic. Dr. Banks revamped the staff, implemented her own style of leadership and management and in 2018 her clinic won “The Most Goals Met” in 2017.
Dr. Banks was born and raised in Atlanta and a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority but enjoys living here in Savannah with her loveable furbaby - Lola.