Main Causes of Back Pain
Trauma from a car accident or a slip and fall can cause the spine to become misaligned which can distort the natural structure and irritate the nerves, bones, discs, and ligaments causing severe back pain o muscle tension.
No matter how minor the accident, nerve-damaging misalignments can occur immediately or over time.
The Back Pain Chiropractors in Dunwoody will provide a full spinal examination to ensure the spine does not have misalignments. The doctors will also introduce natural therapy methods to help relieve pain permanently.
Repetitive stress can occur at work or during a sport and could lead to impediment in the spinal nerves. This can negatively affect the range of motion, reflexes, strength, endurance, and performance.
Chiropractors who specialize in treating Back Pain conditions will help to restore normal function and get you back to your best at work or play.
Holding positions and postures for long periods of time can also change the structure of the spine and cause the muscles to tighten and shorten while others become fragile. This damage can lead to Chronic Back Pain, depression and disability if it goes untreated.
How Our Chiropractors Help Back Pain
There are constant demands that are placed on spine every day. The spine holds the head, shoulders, and upper body. It offers support for us to be able to stand straight, bend, twist, and protect the spinal cord.
Each vertebra in the spine joins or articulates with other joints around it, to form a movable joint. Cartilage lines the joints and also forms the disc, which is made of cartilage that works as a shock absorber for the vertebrae.
Cartilage has no direct blood supply, so its nutrients have to be absorbed, and toxins discharged through a process called “imbibition.” If the joint is misaligned and moving improperly, the cartilage and the spinal discs go through a slow process of decay.
5 Common Back Pain Relief Therapies
- Chiropractic Adjustments. Manual manipulation by a Chiropractor provide relief from back pain by taking unwanted pressure off neurological tissue, increases the range of motion, restores blood flow, reduces muscle tension, and creates a series of chemical responses in the body that act as natural painkillers. When you couple this treatment with adequate hydration, the body can begin the healing process quickly.
- Pelvic Stabilization Drills When leg length deficiency, flat feet and subtalar instability are present, our chiropractors may prescribe a small heel lift in your footwear for the short leg side to stabilize the pelvis and correct your walking gait. If we change the way you naturally walk to become more anatomically friendly, your body will react by eliminating tension holding patterns, and your Back Pain will dramatically reduce.
- Traction and Decompression. A traction massage incorporates a system of rollers move about the spinal erectors, all the while stretching and massaging the muscles in the back that are causing your Back Pain. The Decatur Back Pain Doctors may utilize other traction devices to assist in stretching the spine and decompress the discs. This will remove pressure on sensitive nerve roots. These therapies are perfect for anyone suffering from Bulging Discs, Herniated Discs, Sciatica, Degenerative Disc Disease, and more.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation Therapy. Another therapy that our Dunwoody office utilizes is electrical stimulation therapy. Patients who suffer from severe Muscle Spasms and Cramping find relief during this therapy.
- Ergonomics Training. During your treatment with us, the Back Pain physician may recommend some modifications of your workstation or change the way you are sleeping at night which might inhibit the healing process.
Contact Our Back Pain Doctors in Dunwoody, Georgia Today
Arrowhead Clinics Chiropractors have been treating Back Pain conditions for decades, which has given us the skills and experience to help relieve your pain and get you back to your normal life.
If you are enduring Chronic Back Pain or a Back Injury, our Chiropractic Physicians have what it takes to help you recover. Click on the link below for a free consultation in Dunwoody, Ga today!