Common Chiropractic Questions
Many misconceptions have been made about Chiropractors and Chiropractic Care over the decades. We are sharing this post today with a patient-centered heart that cuts through the quacky care some people profess about Chiropractic and provide some details on why we, as doctors of chiropractic, do what it is we do. We are sharing this simple message today with 40+ years of experience assessing movement, looking at structural dysfunction and performing cutting edge patient care.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Chiropractic Care:
- What Is Chiropractic Care: It is a natural method for treating the actual cause of a physical problem, instead of just treating the symptoms. A spine that functions normally with a healthy nervous system is better able to heal itself. If the structure of the spine is impinged, movement cannot happen properly within the body, period.
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe: Absolutely, chiropractic care takes a natural approach to health that avoids invasive procedures or addictive drugs. It is a specialized and safe pressure that is applied to the joints of the body to restore proper motion and position. Chiropractors have to go through extensive training and years of practice to perfect their adjusting skills before going into practice.
- Is Every Patient Adjusted The Same: No, skilled doctors of chiropractic conduct a thorough examination before deciding which adjusting and therapy approach to try for treating your pain symptoms and correcting structural deficiencies. At our Arrowhead Clinic locations in Georgia and South Carolina, our doctors customize treatment plans to fit every individual patient's structural need.
- Why Do Chiropractors Need To Take X-Rays: Chiropractors take x-rays to see if there are any underlying diseases or disorders of the spine, such as arthritis, abnormal development, disc disorders, bone spurring or deterioration of specific spinal segments. Having x-rays before getting adjusted helps the doctors diagnose the exact cause of pain. Coupling x-rays with postural analysis tools and muscle testing yield superior patient care in the long run.
- Should I See A Chiropractor After An Accident: Yes, Chiropractic Care can play a paramount part in the healing process after being involved in a Personal Injury Accident. Our Doctors specialize in treating victims of accident injuries. When the body is misaligned by the impact of an Auto Accident, Truck Accident or Slip and Fall, it is critical to reposition the body in proper alignment. We have seen people wait years before getting treatment on their bodies, and the results are detrimental. The body quickly begins to develop compensation patterns for your movement and the nervous system is down-regulated because of nerve channels being choked off by vertebral misalignments.
If you have been involved in an accident and have suffered injuries. As a result, the chiropractors at our clinics have the experience necessary to help you get well soon and will answer any questions you have regarding Chiropractic Care.
We have several clinics throughout Georgia and South Carolina who have years of experience in treating accident injury victims and people suffering from chronic pain conditions. Through careful chiropractic and medical care, we tailor our treatments to address each patient’s unique conditions, pain levels, and needs.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries and needs to get a professional opinion, do not hesitate to contact one of our clinics directly or click the link below for a free consultation with one of our expert Chiropractic Doctors. We are looking forward to answering your Chiropractic questions and how we can help restore your bodies natural function.