In preparation for your Complimentary Chiropractic Consultation, you will be asked to complete forms that provide background information about your medical history, current condition, and symptoms you are experiencing.
Some of the questions include:
- When and how did the pain start?
- Did the pain start as a result of an injury? It is crucial to know if the physical damage resulted directly from a Car Accident, so proper documentation can be taken.
- Where is the pain located?
- What actions or circumstances make the pain better or worse?
- Describe the character of the pain - is it sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing? Does it come and go, or is it continual?
Your Exam With Dr. Vogel
Once we understand more about your medical history, the doctor will conduct a comprehensive series of tests that include a full chiropractic exam, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and reflexes, as well as specific neurological and orthopedic tests to assess:
- Range of motion of the affected body area(s)
- Postural Stability and Body Control
- Muscle Strength
- Neurological Integrity
- Muscle Tone
Diagnostic Studies Provide Necessary Detail
Based on the results of your exam and previous medical history, diagnostic studies will be ordered by the doctor to determine structural abnormalities for more accurately diagnosing your condition and providing compelling evidence to the insurance company why and where you need Chiropractic treatment after an Automobile Accident and possibly an Attorney Referral.
The most common diagnostic studies ordered during your chiropractic exam include:
- An X-ray exam
- Other laboratory tests if necessary and potential outside referral for an MRI
Goals and Report of Findings
Our Decatur Chiropractor will develop specific goals based on the X-ray and Exam Findings for your individualized plan of care:
- Short-term goals include a consistent reduction of pain and the restoring of normal joint function and muscle balance.
- Long-term goals are about restoring functional independence and tolerance to normal activities of daily living.