Waiting is never a good idea when it comes to a Car Accident Injury. You can never act too soon to seek help after a car crash and should do it as soon as possible.
Ideally, visit a chiropractor within 72 hours of the accident because this is regarded as a reasonable amount of time by insurance companies. Chiropractic medicine is a holistic form of treatment that does not rely on medication, surgery, or other invasive procedures. Whiplash is the type of car accident injury most often treated by chiropractors.
You should see a lawyer at about the same time you see a chiropractor.
You always want to talk to a lawyer before you talk to your insurance company.
Seeing a lawyer at about the same time you see a chiropractor will ensure that your treatments are properly documented.
Never Leave Gaps in Your Medical Treatment
Gaps in medical attention after a Motor Vehicle Accident are not advised for your case. A delay in treatment may drastically reduce the amount of money your insurance will pay on your claim.
If you have injuries from an accident it is imperative that you seek treatment like chiropractic care. Even if you are feeling ok, many injuries could be latent and not show up for a few days or a few weeks, so you should always see a chiropractor after a car wreck.
A medical doctor, doctor of chiropractic or another health care provider is trained to take a history of your accident injuries, thoroughly examine you, and treat you if necessary. Not seeking treatment could affect your claim from a car accident negatively.
Chiropractic care can be beneficial even if you feel fine after a wreck because many injuries take hours or days to show symptoms like pain.
You are far better off seeing a qualified health care provider whether or not you feel pain so they can advise you if you are injured or not and what you can do about your injuries going forward.
Did you injure your back during the accident? Read our blog "How you can Take Care of Your Back Pain After a Car Accident" to learn more.
Seeing A Personal Injury LawyerWhen it comes to seeing a Personal Injury Lawyer after you were injured in an accident, Georgia has enacted laws that limit the time frame that you may file a lawsuit after you’ve suffered some harm as a result of Car Accident Injuries.
These legal restrictions are called, “statutes of limitations,” and different causes of action have different deadlines. The significant time limits to consider when filing a lawsuit over a car accident in Georgia are:
- two years after a car accident for filing a personal injury lawsuit
- four years after a car accident for filing a lawsuit for property damage
Even if you do not have the financial means to see an Accident Doctor, or to seek car accident chiropractic care, don't let that stop you from seeking help.
Many Accident Doctors who provide chiropractic and medical treatment have great contacts with Personal Injury Lawyers who can help get you the care you need even if you don't currently have medical insurance or the money to self-pay for your injuries.
To make sure you have your rights reserved, always speak with a lawyer.
Other Suggestions for Getting Full Reimbursement From Insurance Companies
Take detailed notes of your pain and injuries and the treatment you receive to help you get full payment from the insurance company.
Write down the names, phone numbers, and addresses of any Accident Doctors you visit whether they be:
- Physical therapists.
- Other professionals, you were referred to after the accident.
Keep receipts for medications you were prescribed by your physician to help with your pain and suffering, or any assistive devices you may need such as crutches, back braces, or electrical stimulation units that were needed for care.
Also, keep the following records:
- A journal or diary about your injuries and medical care.
- Be specific about everything, and include such details as the degree of pain on a scale from 1-10, the amount of sleep you are getting and any inconveniences you experience from your injuries.
- File every form of communication you had with medical professionals during treatment for your injuries.
- This includes e-mails and notes that you record during and after telephone calls and doctor's appointments.
- Keep track of travel expenses for medical appointments.
No Need to Admit to Fault or Apologize after the Car Accident
You may be tempted to apologize for the Car Accident or admit fault to your car insurance agent.
However, doing so can seriously jeopardize your claim.
Instead of taking blame for the Car Accident:
- Give a detailed description of the accident about what happened and what you saw, along with relevant photos.
- Get a completed police report.
Even if you believe you might have been entirely or partially at fault, don't say to the other party, your passengers, witnesses, or your car insurance company that you were to blame. They may use this against you when you try to receive compensation for your pain and damages.
How To Better Handle the Insurance Companies
Even if you are entitled to reimbursement after you were injured in an accident, a few mistakes may jeopardize your Injury Claim. The following tips can help you get maximum compensation for your claim:
- Don't settle until you have completed all of your medical treatment and your injuries are as healed as they are going to get and you are nearly pain-free. Otherwise, you don't know the total cost of your injuries.
- Don't sign release forms or checks with releases on them before you're ready to settle completely.
- Signing such forms may release your car insurance company from the responsibility of paying on additional claims.
- Don't talk to people about the case unless you need to. If pressured by the insurance companies, direct them to speak with the law firm, or accident lawyer that is representing you.
- Don't cave in to pressure not to file a police report.
See a chiropractor and let the health care professionals do what they are supposed to do and check you out, preferably within 72 hours of the collision, even if you don't feel pain, to make sure you receive care if you need it.
Get Auto Accident Injury Help at Arrowhead Clinic
Our Car Accident Doctors and Chiropractors can always be seen within 24 hours of the accident. It's necessary that the physician sees you, take a history, perform an examination, and record the findings.
As long as a written record of your pain and injuries exists, you have satisfied the insurance companies and can get the treatment you need. Seeing a chiropractor is one of the most important things to do after an accident.
If you're in pain and need to speak with one of our Accident Doctors or need a Referral to a trusted Car Accident Attorney, or law firm, please click the link below for a Free Consultation. It may be the most important decision you make after your crash.