If you've ever suffered from whiplash after a car accident in Savannah, GA, you know how painful whiplash can really be.
And you likely want it to heal as fast as possible.
Our Savannah Whiplash Chiropractor can help you heal.
Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs as a result of an impact that causes your head to jerk forward or backward, causing strain on your neck that can be mild, moderate, or severe.
Unfortunately, there is no way to know for sure how long it will take your whiplash to heal.
No two people or two accidents are exactly alike, so no two people will heal the same way or at the same rate.
On average, it takes people 2-3 months to heal from their whiplash injury.
But again, healing times will vary from person to person and depend on factors like age, physical health, mental health, and occupation.
Also, people with severe whiplash injuries will take longer to make a complete recovery.
About one-third of people with whiplash report still having issues after a year and some people suffer from chronic pain or headaches for years following their accident.
In the article below, we will look at how long it can take to heal from a whiplash injury in Savannah, GA.
Table of Contents
- The Prognosis For Whiplash Patients
- Chiropractic Treatment For Whiplash
- Whiplash Treatment with a Chiropractor in Savannah, GA
The Prognosis for Whiplash Patients
Most whiplash patients can expect to make a recovery within 3 months.
However, whiplash and the related symptoms can turn chronic.
A few risk factors that can indicate a longer recovery from whiplash include:
- Severe Pain: If you experience severe pain in your neck or shoulders immediately after the accident, it’s a strong indication of more severe damage and a longer recovery time.
- PTSD: PTSD typically involves constantly thinking about or trying to forget about your accident. It can also include avoiding driving or going anywhere near the accident site, becoming easily startled or anxious while driving, becoming depressed, or having trouble sleeping.
- Old Age: The elderly or older people with more degeneration and pre-existing conditions are more vulnerable to whiplash injuries.
Chiropractic Treatment For Whiplash
The best way to get your whiplash injury to heal is to receive proper treatment.
Chiropractic care is an excellent, all-natural way to treat your whiplash.
A few common treatments chiropractors use to treat whiplash are:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments are the most popular treatment method used by chiropractors. As a form of spinal manipulation, chiropractic adjustments gently move the joints in your spine back into alignment after a whiplash injury. This will relieve pain and encourage natural healing.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is used to stimulate and relax the muscles. It does this by stretching the affected muscles to relieve tension and encourage relaxation.
- Physical Exercise: One of the simplest ways to heal your whiplash symptoms that your chiropractor will recommend is exercise. Your chiropractor will teach you how to do specific exercises that you can do at home. These exercises will help with disc derangement caused by whiplash in the neck.
Whiplash Treatment with a Chiropractor in Savannah, GA
Whiplash is literally a pain in the neck, but recovering from it doesn’t have to be.
If you recently suffered a whiplash injury in Savannah, Georgia, reach out to Arrowhead Clinic.
Arrowhead Clinic has helped whiplash victims find the relief they need for decades, and they are ready to help you today.
To schedule your Free Consultation with Arrowhead Clinic in Savannah, click the button below.