Chiropractic Adjustments Provide Natural Pain Relief
With these symptoms, your quality of life and everyday tasks become quickly unpleasant. The help and care of a chiropractor can quickly relieve your pain and tension, allowing you to return to a healthy lifestyle.
"All treatments given by our experienced chiropractic doctors are natural, safe and preferred by injury victims over costly surgeries and addicting medications that only mask the pain."
Specialized and trained chiropractors use chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, to correct the structural alignment and improve your body's physical function. Doctors use their hands or a small instrument to apply a controlled, sudden force to a spinal joint.
Spinal manipulation techniques can include:
- Flexion-Distraction Technique - a gentle, hands-on spinal manipulation that involves a pumping action on the intervertebral disc instead of direct force.
- Instrument-Assisted Manipulation - Uses a handheld instrument to allow your chiropractor to apply force without thrusting into the spine.
- Specific Spinal Manipulation - Helps restore joint movement using a gentle thrusting technique.
In addition to easing your pain, chiropractic treatment can also boost your immune system, erase dozens of diseases from the source, increase your energy, add years onto your life, and promote your health and level of fitness.
Being involved in a vehicle collision can put unwanted pressure on our delicate nerves and can even diminish nerve flow to the limbs and vital organs.
Once our nervous system is compromised any function of the human body is at risk and can cause further complications. From movement, blinking, and heartbeat, to regulation of hormones, breathing and vision.
If left untreated, the depleted nerve energy will lead to pain, fatigue, organ dysfunction and eventually disease.
By realigning the spine back to health, and taking unnecessary pressure off the nerves, patients experience almost immediate pain relief, and more significant experience vitality, feeling of healthiness, and increased energy.
What is the Popping Sound You Hear During a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Adjusting a spinal joint may (but not always) result in the release of a gas bubble between the joints called a cavitation, which makes a popping sound. The same thing occurs when you “crack” your knuckles.
This natural noise is caused by a sudden decrease in pressure within the joint, which results in dissolved gasses in the joint fluid to be released. It is completely harmless.
Minor Injuries Can Cause Long-Term Pain
Many car wreck victims don't feel pain or discomfort for hours and even days after their accident. Even if you aren't in immediate distress or don't feel severe symptoms does not necessarily mean you didn't suffer injuries.
The most common delayed injuries after being in an automotive crash are soft tissue injuries. Whiplash is a casual descriptor of soft tissue injuries in the neck, and it's an operative term mainly because of the public's familiarity with it.
Whiplash is commonly described as pain in the neck, but can affect any neural network, including the extremities and down the spine.
Common Whiplash Symptoms:
- Difficulty moving or reduced mobility
- Stiffness in arms and shoulders
- Muscle spasms
- Slowed reflexes, and
- Numbness or weakness in afflicted areas
Chiropractic Care After an Auto Accident
Chiropractic pain management at Arrowhead Clinic's Hinesville, Ga office is well suited for victims after a car accident; our approaches to care are gentle, safe and always all natural. This is why our patients receive referrals from their primary care physicians regularly to come into our office.
The goal is to help your body naturally restore flexibility and mobility while at the same time alleviating residual achiness, soreness, and stiffness.
The results our patients see are a drastic reduction in acute pain symptoms and inflammation, increased neck and lower back ranges of motion, elevated mental clarity and better sleep throughout the night.
We achieve these results not with potent drugs or harmful muscle relaxers but with spinal decompression therapy that uses intermittent spinal traction to take stress off injured vertebral joints while concurrently hydrating your discs.
Chiropractic Adjustments facilitate proper motion in the joints, electrical stimulation to reduce muscular and nerve pain in localized areas and much more.
Causes of Low Speed Car Accidents
Car-on-car fender benders occur at low speeds and cause minor damage. Most of these accidents occur when drivers:
- Back out of driveways
- Fail to stop at intersections because of braking problems or severe weather
- Accelerate too fast through parking lots at malls, grocery stores, schools, etc.
- Become distracted due to putting on make-up, using their cell phones, tuning the radio, etc.
- Caught-up in a chain reaction, rear-end crashes in slow-moving traffic
- Fall asleep at the wheel in bumper to bumper traffic, rush hour, or slow moving traffic
Our clinic is designed specifically for Car Accident Care victims and we are ready to answer your questions. Schedule your free consultation to get your treatment started today.
Before Your Appointment
In preparation for your Free Chiropractic Consultation, you will be asked to complete forms that provide background knowledge about your medical history, current condition, and symptoms your are experiencing.
Some of the questions included are:
- When and how did the pain start?
- Where is it located?
- Did the pain start as a result of an injury? For us especially to know if the physical damage resulted from a Car Accident.
- Describe the pain - is it sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing? Does it come and go, or is it continual?
- What activities/circumstances makes it better or worse?
Once we know more about your medical history, the doctor will conduct a precise chiropractic exam that includes comprehensive tests such as blood pressure, respiration, pulse, and reflexes, as well as specific orthopedic and neurological tests to assess:
- Range of motion of the affected part
- Posture Analysis
- Muscle strength
- Neurological integrity
- Muscle tone
Based on the results of your chiropractic exam and previous medical history, diagnostic studies are helpful in identifying structural abnormalities to more accurately diagnose your condition and provide compelling evidence to the insurance company why and where you need Chiropractic treatment after an Auto Accident.
The most common diagnostic studies during your chiropractic exam include:
- An X-ray exam
- Other laboratory tests if necessary and potential outside referral for an MRI
Results and Findings
Our Chiropractor at the Hinesville location will establish specific goals based on the X-ray and Exam Findings for your individualized plan of care:
- Short-term goals will include lessening pain and restoring normal joint function and muscle balance
- Long-term goals are about reacquiring functional independence and tolerance to normal activities of daily living.
Our spines are not designed to withstand the sudden force of a car collision. Each victim's injuries will vary depending on the severity of the crash.
A car accident injury can lead to long-term health issues if not treated properly, even if injuries are mild they can still cause more trouble than expected.
Your Invitation to Pain Relief
The posture correction and pain management protocols we use at our Hinesville Chiropractic office are changing the way people get healthy after a Car Accident occurs.
If you were recently in an Auto Accident and are still experiencing symptoms, call 800-961-PAIN (7246) or click the button below for a Free Consultation with one of our doctors at the Top Chiropractic Clinic in Hinesville, Georgia.