Our backs are a complex structure made of joints, ligaments, bones, and muscles.
Unfortunately, it's easy to sprain ligaments, irritate joints, strain muscles, and rupture discs.
All of those injuries can lead to severe back pain.
Accidents, work injuries, and sports injuries are known to cause back pain, but even simple movements like picking something up off of the ground can have excruciating results.
We depend on our backs to be healthy, so we can perform many physically demanding tasks.
But even sedentary tasks such as sitting at a desk require our back muscles.
And what's worse is that no one is immune to the risks of back pain.
The best defense against back pain is being knowledgeable about back pain.
So in the article below, the experienced chiropractors at the Arrowhead Clinic of Hinesville have come up with five facts about Back Pain that everyone should know.
Table of Contents
Five Critical Facts About Back Pain
- Back Pain is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide.
- Back Pain is a common reason people have to miss work regularly, and it's one of the most common reasons people need to visit their doctor.
- Americans spend billions of dollars each year on because of back pain.
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical, which means they are not caused by serious conditions.
- The majority of working Americans admit to having back pain at some point in their lives.
Avoiding Back Pain
Although almost all of us will experience back pain at some point in our lives, there are a few things you can do to avoid it as long as possible.
Some of those things are:
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
- Use proper posture throughout the day.
- Avoid prolonged inactivity and stay active.
- Lift with your knees by keeping the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
- Try to high-heeled shoes.
- Stretch and warm-up before beginning any physical activity.
Even though these are great tips, accidents still happen.
And most accidents are completely unavoidable and sometimes the fault of someone else.
The most common accidents to cause debilitating back pain are:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Work Accidents
No matter how well you take care of your body, you may still end up suffering from chronic back pain, even though it might seem completely unfair.
What should you do if you begin to experience back pain for any number of reasons?
Luckily there is an all-natural solution.
Contact The Arrowhead Clinic of Hinesville
An experienced chiropractor should see you if you are suffering from back pain for any reason.
Chiropractors specialize in treating people suffering from back pain or accident injuries.
Chiropractors treat the pain condition or injury at its source without prescribing addictive pain medications or conducting surgeries.
Chiropractors work to restore your body's ability to heal naturally by placing your spine back into proper alignment.
The experienced Chiropractors at the Arrowhead Clinic of Hinesville have been helping people recover from back pain for many years.
They understand that back pain can hinder your ability to get through your daily life, and they do not want you to live that way.
Our Hinesville Chiropractor offers a free consultation to see how they can best assist with your treatment and recovery.
Our chiropractors in Hinesville provide each patient with a specialized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
Let the chiropractors at the Arrowhead Clinic in Hinesville help with your back pain recovery.
Click the button below to schedule your free consultation.