What To Expect During Your First Visit At our Lithia Springs Chiropractic Office?
In preparation for your Complimentary Consultation, you will be asked to complete forms that provide background information about your medical history, current condition, and symptoms you are experiencing.
Some of the questions include:
- When and how did the pain start?
- Did the pain start as a result of an injury? It is crucial to know if the physical damage resulted directly from a Car Accident, so proper documentation can be taken.
- Where is the pain located?
- What activities or circumstances make it better or worse?
- Describe the pain - is it sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing? Does it come and go, or is it continual?
Properly Treating Soft Tissue Injuries After an Automotive Collision
Minor injuries and even severe head injuries aren't always revealed during X-Rays and Emergency Room Diagnosis.
While obtaining medical treatment immediately after a car wreck is essential to your health and recovery; seeking care and guidance from a Doctor who specializes in car accident and personal injuries will ensure a full and fast recovery after suffering an auto-collision.
Car accidents can result in a variety of injuries ranging in minor to serious injuries.
It's not unheard of for a victim involved in serious automobile wreck to walk away unharmed or the opposite situation, where a relatively minor car wreck resulted in major injuries that caused a lifetime of pain and problems.
The most common car accident injuries include brain and head, neck, back, face, and psychological injuries.
While many injuries are apparent resulting a collision, some are not.
After being involved in an accident, your body reflexively produces hormones called endorphins, in which you may not notice immediately that you have injuries or suffered harm.
Arrowhead Clinics specialize in treating car accident victims.
Our doctors evaluate your spine as a whole before deciding which approach to try for your pain. We understand the effects of car crash trauma and will tailor your treatment towards your specific injuries.
Our medical professionals will narrow in on hidden wounds and perform precautionary examinations to ensure your health is fully optimized and thoroughly corrected.
Your Exam With our Lithia Springs Chiropractor Dr. Calvin Erhabor DC
Once we know more about your medical history, the doctor will conduct a comprehensive chiropractic exam that includes tests such as blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and reflexes, as well as specific neurological and orthopedic tests to assess:
- Range of motion of the affected body area(s)
- Postural Stability and Body Control
- Muscle Strength
- Neurological Integrity
- Muscle Tone
Diagnostic Studies Provide Necessary Detail
Based on the results of your chiropractic exam and previous medical history, diagnostic studies might be ordered by the doctor to help determine structural abnormalities for more accurately diagnosing your condition and provide compelling evidence to the insurance company why and where you need Chiropractic treatment after an Automobile Accident and possibly an Attorney Referral.
The most common diagnostic studies ordered during your chiropractic exam include:
- An X-ray exam
- Other laboratory tests if necessary and potential outside referral for an MRI
Goals and Report of Findings
Dr. Erhabor will develop specific goals based on the X-ray and Exam Findings for your individualized plan of care:
- Short-term goals include a consistent reduction of pain and the restoring of normal joint function and muscle balance.
- Long-term goals are about restoring functional independence and tolerance to normal activities of daily living.