In preparation for your Free Chiropractic Consultation, our doctors will ask you, patients, to complete forms that provide us with background information about past medical history and the symptoms that they are currently suffering from.
Some of the questions we may ask include:
- When and how did the pain start?
- Where is it located?
- What activities or circumstances make it better or worse?
- Did the pain start as a result of an injury? It is crucial to know if the physical damage resulted directly from the Car Accident.
- Describe the pain - is it sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing? Does it come and go, or is it continual?
Once we know more about your medical history, our chiropractors will conduct a precise exam that will include comprehensive testing and specific orthopedic and neurological tests.
These tests are designed to assess the following:
Rangeof motion of the affected part
- Postural Stability
- Muscle strength
- Neurological integrity
- Muscle tone
Based on the results of your exam, diagnostic studies are helpful in identifying structural abnormalities to more accurately diagnose your condition and provide compelling evidence to the insurance company about why you need Chiropractic treatment after your Car Accident.
The most common diagnostic studies that we may require during your exam include:
- An X-ray exam
- Other laboratory tests if necessary and potential outside referral for an MRI
Goals and Report of Findings
Once your Chiropractor reviews your exam findings, they will come up with a specialized treatment plan that is tailored to your recovery. We will also provide:
- Short-term goals that include lessening the pain that you are experiencing and to restore normal joint function and muscle balance.
- Long-term goals that are about reacquiring functional independence and tolerance to normal activities of daily living.