In preparation for your Free Chiropractic Consultation, our doctors will ask you to complete forms that provide us with background information about your medical history and the symptoms that you are currently experiencing.
Some of the questions we may ask include:
- When and how did the pain start?
- Where is it located?
- What activities or circumstances make it better or worse?
- Did the pain start as a result of an injury? It is crucial to know if the physical damage resulted directly from the Car Accident.
- Describe the pain - is it sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing? Does it come and go, or is it continual?
Once we know more about your medical history, our chiropractors will conduct a precise exam that will include comprehensive testing, as well as specific orthopedic and neurological tests that will assess:
Rangeof motion of the affected part
- Postural Stability
- Muscle strength
- Neurological integrity
- Muscle tone
Based on the results of your chiropractic exam and your previous medical history, diagnostic studies are helpful in identifying structural abnormalities to more accurately diagnose your condition and provide compelling evidence to the insurance company why you need Chiropractic treatment after a Car Accident.
The most common diagnostic studies during your chiropractic exam include:
- An X-ray exam
- Other laboratory tests if necessary and potential outside referral for an MRI
Goals and Report of Findings
Our Doctors will establish specific goals that are based on your X-ray and Exam Findings that will help us prepare your individualized treatment plan.
- Short-term goals include lessening the pain that you are experiencing and to restore normal joint function and muscle balance.
- Long-term goals are about reacquiring functional independence and tolerance to normal activities of daily living.